What is Val Verde Vistas...
...its citizens , governments , and organizations of Val Verde County who have joined together to oppose wind farm expansion in this region as a show of support and to assist
- Laughlin Air Force base in its mission to provide the highest quality training opportunity for pilots that protect our country,
- The United States Customs and Border Protection agency and Immigration Customs Enforcement men and women in their mission to protect and defend our border,
- Texas Department of Public Safety in their respective missions which include support of homeland security operations,
- National Park Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Devils River Conservancy, The Nature Conservancy, Shumla, the Texas State Historical Commission and others in protecting the unique natural and cultural resources of Val Verde County,
- The landowners, stakeholders and future generations of Val Verde County in protecting the frontier heritage of the region and ensuring the future is not compromised by short-sighted, inappropriate, ill-sited and unregulated industry.
Val Verde Vistas.....join us in protecting the land, the people and the heritage that makes Val Verde County special.
We are dedicated to the heritage of Val Verde County & the conservation and protection of its vistas.
The Val Verde Vistas initiative is formally rooted in the Devils River Conservancy 501(c)3 in partnership with landowners and stakeholder agencies. The mission of this initiative is to stop further wind farm development in Val Verde County and turn out the lights on the existing Rocksprings Wind Farm. Donations made in support of Val Verde Vistas are held by the Devils River Conservancy and tax deductible to the full extent of the law.